Monday, January 31, 2005

Don't Worry, Be Happy

I'm not sure why, but today I find myself in an unusually good mood. Various random events may be contributing to my joy, you be the judge. Today's top 3:

1) Family Three Cent welcomed a new puppy into our home last weekend. Baby "Gus" is a handful, but anyone with a new puppy can't help but be in a good mood. I'll post some pictures soon.

2) I am so impressed with Condoleeza Rice. She made history last week when she was sworn in as Secretary of State. During her swearing in, and subsequent appearances on TV (she was on Fox News Sunday yesterday), anyone could see her pride in her smile. She earned her new cabinet position and has a very impressive resume, so the 13 morons who voted against her confirmation are quite simply, national embarrassments.

3) Yesterday's Iraqi elections were the first free elections that country has seen in 50 years. I've said there is much work to do before that country has it's act together, but how can any freedom loving person not feel good for the Iraqi people? Seeing people voting, many of them risking their lives for the privilege to do so, is quite inspirational. One elderly man was weeping as it was the first vote he's made in his lifetime. He cried for his son, who was killed and would never be able to see a free Iraq. We take so much for granted here in the United States, and the Iraqis have nothing more than an opportunity in front of them. Some were literally dancing in the streets after casting their votes. To stand up to the homicide bombers, thugs, terrorists and murderers tells me there is hope for that country. I find it exhilarating.

Today the glass is half full. If you don't believe me, read today's Bleat.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?