Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Howard The Dean

So Howard Dean's last opponent for DNC chairman dropped out yesterday. It is all but done, Dean will lead the party that didn't pick him as their presidential candidate less than a year ago. Am I missing something? For conservatives, this result is too good to be true (and momma always said if it seems to good to be true, then it probably is). In this case, I think momma was wrong. Follow me:

The Democrats fielded a very weak field of candidates for last year's presidential campaign. Then they proceeded to select John Kerry, for no other reason except that he was "electable." A few Democratic primary voters thought Kerry could beat Bush. A highly partisan, anti-Bush, anti-war party chose a horrible presidential candidate with no credentials and zero personality. Thank you, fever swamp. And then that candidate picks Bob Shrum as his campaign strategist (Shrum had an impressive, untarnished record of 7 consecutive losses in presidential elections). Make that 0 for 8.

So now they have a little time to cool off, analyze what happened in November and make a fresh start. The first natural step would be to go back to Howard Dean, the man who got his clock cleaned by John Kerry.

On Saturday I commented that it almost doesn't matter who heads the DNC, as they have many bigger problems, in my view. Maybe all the smart, capable Democratic managerial-types also recognized those problems and decided the cancer is inoperable. In steps Dr. Dean, the only guy crazy enough to take on such an uphill battle.

I hate to sound so dismissive of the Democrats. In general it's a big mistake to underestimate your opponent. And truth be told, John Kerry did receive a lot of popular votes, something like 57 million. But in all honesty, I just don't understand how a loser's loser is fit to run the party. Somebody help me understand!

UPDATE: I have noticed that many leftists run almost entirely on emotion. Little thought and lots of anger. Thus, Howard Dean's Jan. 29th statement makes him the natural choice for the party. Dean said, "I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for, but I admire their discipline and their organization." I'm beginning to feel better.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?