Sunday, March 27, 2005

The Cynicism is Setting In

On Wednesday I made a bit of a rant about Michael Schiavo being a "piece of garbage." I also mentioned (in the same post) how I didn't understand how he kept winning all the legal challenges and how he must have had "a good lawyer." Read this post at PowerLine yesterday, and for those of us who are not lawyers, maybe a better understanding of what happened will emerge. I'm not saying it's right, and I abhor the result, but clearly Terri's parents were outlawyered. It's probably too early to boil it down so simply, but the sad story of Terri Schiavo looks like another example of the guy with the most money winning. Like OJ and Robert Blake (and many others of lesser fame), you can literally get away with murder in this country if you have enough money.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?