Monday, April 18, 2005

Err America

I had a moment of very weird timing just a few minutes ago. I'm reading this L.A. Times article by Brian Anderson on the floundering Air America radio network (hat tip: Real Clear Politics), while behind me I have Brit Hume's Special Report on the TV. I'm really tired tonight for some reason, and floating in and out of Brit's telecast. All of a sudden, I notice that he's talking about the very topic I'm reading. And he's interviewing Brian Anderson, the author of the article I'm reading! Very odd coincidence.

Anderson bends over backwards to present the liberal explanation for Air America's underperformance:

So why do liberals fare so poorly on air? Some on the left say it's because liberals are, well, smarter and can't convey their sophisticated ideas to the rubes who listen to talk radio.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Though Anderson ably defends conservatives on this point, of course I want to add My Three Cents: liberals will continue lose elections as long as they underestimate their opponents (I'm working on another piece that covers this topic--more weird timing). And if liberals is so derned smart, how comes they keep losing elections to all those stoopid rube who all time votes conservatives"?

Of course, those paying attention will remember how I mocked Air America three weeks ago. But it looks like things are worse for the liberal radio network (now one year old) than even I could have hoped. Anderson reports that Air America is losing roughly $8 million a year, and is near last in the ratings in all of the major markets. It's just a matter of time before they're toast, folks. Read Anderson's piece, it's very interesting. Then cue the dirge.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?